With over 600 member families, it is a very exciting time to be a part of Golfcrest. The club offers family friendly activities, casual dining, amazing course conditions and outstanding tennis facilities and staff.
Built in 1927 by Troupe Earnest Gammage, Sr., the club was originally located in Southeast Houston between Holmes Road and Telephone Road. The original facilities included a premier 6,000-yard golf course, an attractive Spanish-style clubhouse, clay tennis courts, and an Olympic sized swimming pool. In 1934 the club was sold to W.T. Carter of the Carter Lumber Company. Ten years later, the club was sold to the members of the club and it has remained member owned for over 60 years. In 1971, the club was relocated to its present location in Pearland, Texas. Joseph S. Finger was chosen to design the current 7,000-yard, 18-hole championship golf course. Tellepsen Construction Company designed and built the Clubhouse and the Golf and Tennis Pro Shops. The beautiful pagoda-shaped Clubhouse provides an excellent panoramic view of the 9th, 15th, 16th, and 18th holes.
For over 35 years, Golfcrest Country Club has been a valuable asset to the Pearland community hosting various charitable events, hosting PGA events, providing youth sporting programs, and a serving as a base for many community activities. Golfcrest Country Club has recently been renovated and offers even more amenities today than ever before.